Reviewed by: Erica Grandjean, APD, BNutr&Diet
This vegetarian pasta bake is full of flavour and is super satisfying – perfect for a quick evening dinner. Clean plates guaranteed!
Does the sound of this recipe tickle your fancy? Click here to unlock 1000+ 12WBT recipes just like this today!
Baked Pasta with Tomatoes, Spinach & Mozzarella
- 2 serves
- 15 minute prep time
- 25 minute cooking time
- 307 calories per serve
- 1g olive oil spray
- 100g wholemeal pasta
- 150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 leek (65g), trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic (3g), crushed
- 1 cups passata (250g)
- 20g sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced
- 50g baby spinach
- 25g reduced fat mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray a 4 cup (1 litre) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms and leek, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add passata, simmer for 2 minutes, then add pasta, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Stir until spinach has just wilted. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle mozzarella over.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling. Divide between plates to serve.
- This is suitable to freeze. Prepare up to the end of step 3 and cool. Wrap dish tightly with several layers of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the fridge and continue from step 4, cooking for 20-25 minutes to heat through.
- Make in individual dishes if you like.
Love this recipe? Sign-up to 12WBT to unlock over 1,000 delicious recipes! We start the next Round soon – don’t miss out! Click here to find out more.