Butter chicken needn’t be laden with calories – this tasty option still feels rich, but only has 321 calories per serve! It’s perfect for a family meal.
12WBT’s Butter Chicken
- 2 serves
- 10 min prep time
- 35 min cooking time
- 321 calories per serve
- 1g olive oil spray
- 1/2 onion (73g), finely chopped
- 200g lean chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoons tandoori paste (23g)
- 1/2 cups salt reduced chicken stock liquid (120g)
- 1/2 400g cans diced tomato (200g)
- 1/4 cups dried red lentils (50g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light cream (30g)
- 4 pappadam (40g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (6g)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until golden. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, tomatoes and lentils. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir regularly, and more often towards end of cooking. Stir in cream and cook for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Lightly spray pappadams with oil and cook on a sheet of paper towel in the microwave for 45 seconds or until puffed.
- Divide curry between dishes and serve topped with the coriander leaves, with pappadam on the side.
- If mixture looks dry during cooking, add a little water.
- Member recipes are submitted and checked to make sure they tick all the boxes in terms of health, nutrition, calories and taste.
- Serve with a cup of non-starchy vegetables; like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans or carrots.
When you sign-up to 12WBT you’ll unlock over 1,000 recipes, just like this! Click here to find out more.