This creamy dish is perfect if you’re after something rich, without the calories!
Chicken Tikka Curry with Cauliflower Mash
- 2 serves
- 15 min prep time (marinating required)
- 25 min cooking
- 406 cal / serve
Mish Tip: Cauliflower puree is a great low-calorie replacement for rice when serving curry.
- 40g tikka masala curry paste
- 40g low fat natural yoghurt
- 320g lean chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup liquid chicken stock (125g)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat coconut cream (125g)
- 40g baby spinach
- 400g cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (6g)
1. Combine curry paste and yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and combine until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.
2. Heat a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add any excess marinade and stir to coat.
3. Add stock to pan and stir well. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in coconut cream. Remove lid and simmer, for 10 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Remove from heat and stir in spinach to wilt.
5. Meanwhile, cook cauliflower in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water until tender. Using a handheld blender, blend cauliflower to a coarse puree. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
6. Divide cauliflower mash and chicken curry between plates. Top with coriander to serve.
When you join 12WBT you get access to more than 900 great recipes using in-season produce and fresh ingredients – every single one is designed for minimum prep effort and maximum taste!