Valentine’s Day is this Sunday, and for a lot of us, that usually means chocolate! Chocolate is often a food that is seen as a big no-no when trying to lose weight, however if put into an amazing cake recipe like this, a single portion can be enjoyed without the guilt. Make it for your loved one (or yourself!) this Valentine’s Day!
Mini Chocolate Fudge Cakes with Ice-Cream
10 min prep time
15 min cooking
- 1/2 Cup Self Raising Wholemeal Flour (70g)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour (40g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (35g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (80g)
- 1 X 140g tubs Apple Puree (140g)
- 130g Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Cage Free Eggs (118g)
- 10 Small scoops Vanilla Ice Cream, Low Fat (300g)
- 250g Raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 150 C (fan-forced). Spray 10 × 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. Sift the flours and cocoa powder into a bowl, returning any husks from sieve to the bowl.
3. Stir in the sugar.
4. Whisk the apple puree, yoghurt and eggs in a bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cakes comes out just clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes before using a small knife to loosen the cakes and place on serving plates.
6. Dust each cake with cocoa and serve with a scoop of ice-cream and raspberries.