Pizza is most certainly ON the menu with this delicious, crispy (yet gooey) low-calorie version! The focus is on fresh ingredients, so try and pick ripe tomatoes and big leaves of basil for extra flavour.
(Fancy dessert as well? Click here for our delicious tiramisu recipe!)
Prosciutto and Ricotta Pizza
- Serves 2
- 5 min prep time
- 10 mins cooking time
- 402 calories per serve
- 150g prosciutto, fat trimmed, torn
- 50g tomato paste
- 2 pieces wholemeal pita bread (80g)
- 120g reduced fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes (125g), halved
- 1/4 cups basil leaves (10g)
- 60g rocket
- Preheat grill to high. Place prosciutto onto a non-stick baking tray. Cook under grill until crisp, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, and place two baking trays into oven. Spread tomato paste over pita breads and top with ricotta and tomatoes.
- Remove hot trays from oven. Place breads onto trays and bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Top with prosciutto, basil and rocket to serve.
- Try grilling light ham as an alternative to prosciutto.
- Vegetarians, replace the prosciutto with 10 black pitted olives (5 on each pizza).
- Be sure to check the serving size of the pita breads as there can be variations between products.