20 min prep time
20 min cooking
315 Cal / serve
Lo-carb loveliness. This is the guilt free treat you have been searching for. Sometimes only a burger will do and this one won't blow out on calories. Combining a delicious homemade patty with salad vegies and field mushrooms, this delicious low fat burger is full of nutritious goodness and topped with swiss cheese for a tasty treat. This is definitely one for a Summer barbecue with friends and family when you don't want to overindulge. As one of our members perfectly puts it, it's such a simple idea yet so very tasty!
- 250g Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Cage Free Eggs (59g)
- 1 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce (20g)
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard (10g)
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 2 Onion (178g), sliced
- 4 Field Mushroom (480g)
- 4 Leaves Iceberg Lettuce (40g)
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese (120g)
- 2 Tomato (334g), sliced
- Combine mince, egg, sauce and mustard in a bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Divide mixture into four portions and shape into round flat patties.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Trim mushroom stalks. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue flat plate over medium-high heat. Lightly spray mushrooms with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Divide between serving plates.
- Add burger patties to the chargrill and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top mushrooms with lettuce, patties, cheese, tomato and onion.
- Try to choose flat field mushrooms that aren’t too thick.
- Member recipes are submitted and checked to make sure they tick all the boxes in terms of health, nutrition, calories and taste.