15 min prep time
30 min cooking
298 Cal / serve
In a word: yum. We love this healthy take on an American classic. Spices are a great way to add flavour and variety to dishes without adding calories, but keep an eye on the salt content with some mixes. Here I use a Cajun spice mixture, which goes beautifully with chicken and sweet potato. This is such an easy dinner to prepare, you can do your bit in under 15 minutes and let the oven do the rest. A light healthy green salad is the perfect accompaniment to this low fat low calorie dish that packs a flavour punch.
- 200g Sweet Potato, cut into wedges
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 200g Lean Chicken Breast
- 1 Teaspoons Cajun Spice (2g)
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 80g Avocado, chopped
- 40g Baby Spinach
- 1 Fresh Lemon (99g), cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place sweet potato wedges onto one baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place chicken onto other tray, lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with spice mix. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, avocado and spinach leaves in a small bowl.
- Slice chicken. Divide sweet potato, chicken and salad between serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Peel and halve a few garlic cloves, and toss them with the sweet potato. The aroma infuses with the potato adding a delicious flavour to the wedges.