20 min prep time
15 min cooking
308 Cal / serve
Couscous go well with meatballs, and it is so quick to prepare.
- 1 Zucchini (101g), grated
- 150g Lean Veal Mince
- 2 Tablespoons Chives (6g), chopped
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Onion (145g), finely chopped
- 3/4 Cups Passata (180g)
- 1/4 Cups Salt Reduced Chicken Stock Liquid (60g)
- 60g Couscous
- 100g Green Beans, trimmed
- Use your hands to squeeze as much liquid as possible from zucchini. Place mince, chives and zucchini in a medium bowl. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Roll mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes, turning, or until brown (they don’t need to be cooked through). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with a little more oil and return to medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add passata and stock and bring to the boil. Return meatballs to pan, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, place couscous into a heatproof bowl and pour over 100ml boiling water. Cover tightly and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to fluff up grains.
- Steam, boil or microwave beans until just tender. Drain. Serve meatballs with couscous and green beans.
- Tomato passata is a type of sauce, available in glass bottles in the tomato sauce section of the supermarket. Unused passata can be frozen.
- Cooked meatballs in the sauce can be frozen for up to 2 months.