25 min prep time
40 min cooking
299 Cal / serve
This hearty soup is a favourite. It tastes just like grandma used to make and will keep you full for hours. This recipe serves 6 so you can make this for the whole family or make a batch and store in individual portions so you aren’t tempted to have too much. Packed with goodness this delicious low calorie soup contains wholesome vegetables, lentils and spaghetti. This winter warmer is equally suited to a quick lunch or cosy dinner and won't have you reaching for the snacks.
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil (20g)
- 1 Onion (89g), finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic (9g), crushed
- 2 Carrot (122g), diced
- 2 Celery Stalk (80g), chopped
- 2 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (800g), diced
- 70g Spaghetti, broken into 3 cm pieces
- 1 X 400g cans Canned Lentils (280g)
- 1 X 400g cans Canned Cannellini Beans (280g)
- 2 Zucchini (202g), diced
- 45g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 6 Slices Wholegrain Bread (216g)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add 750ml water and the tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, lentils, beans and zucchini. Simmer for a further 12 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender.
- Season with pepper.
- Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with the parmesan. Serve with the bread.
- Simply use your hands to break the spaghetti into lengths of about 3-4cm.
- To lower your daily calories skip the toast.
- For a fresh flavour boost, add a handful of chopped fresh mint or parsley to this recipe.
- For a thicker soup add less water.