30 min prep time
20 min cooking
114 Cal / serve
If you use a non-stick frying pan and you preheat it properly over a medium heat, you will be amazed how there is no need to use any butter for this or any other pancake style recipe!
- 1/2 Cups Buckwheat Flour (65g)
- 1/3 Cups Self Raising Wholemeal Flour (50g)
- 2 Cage Free Eggs (118g)
- 1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk (310g)
- 150g Smoked Salmon
- 160g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Dill Leaves (1g), half finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Capers (15g), rinsed, drained & chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon (10g), finely grated
- Sift combined flours into a large bowl, returning wholemeal husks from sieve to bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together and pour into well. Use a fork to mix until well combined. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Drop 6-8 dessert spoons blini mixture into pan, allowing room for spreading slightly. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 30 blini.
- Tear or cut smoked salmon evenly into 30 small pieces. Combine cottage cheese, chopped dill, capers and zest in a bowl.
- Arrange blini on a large serving platter. Top with a spoonful of cottage cheese mixture, a piece of salmon and a small sprig of dill. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Use a dessert spoon for this recipe as it is smaller than a metric tablespoon. A dessert spoon is the standard spoon that comes in most cutlery sets.
- For a lower sodium options, chose salt reduced smoked salmon.