20 min prep time
30 min cooking
347 Cal / serve
Bet you never thought you could make pesto without oil – well now you can! Teamed with roast pumpkin and tomatoes, this lemony basil pesto made with omega-rich walnuts is sure to please.
- 200g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 125g Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Basil Leaves (80g)
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), finely chopped
- 15g Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (20g)
- 25g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 100g Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin and tomatoes in a roasting pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, process basil, garlic and walnuts using a handheld blender or small food processor. Add lemon juice and process until well combined. Stir in half the parmesan.
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Roughly squash tomatoes using the back of a spoon. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and pesto to spaghetti. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide pasta between bowls and top with remaining parmesan to serve.
- The lack of oil in this pesto means it doesn’t store as well as traditional pesto. It is best made on the day of serving.