20 min prep time
40 min cooking
297 Cal / serve
These pies are deliciously creamy, without all the fat of regular cream!
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 200g Lean Chicken Breast, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1/2 Leek (65g), trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Plain Flour (6g)
- 1 Cups Salt Reduced Chicken Stock Liquid (240g)
- 150g Potato, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Light Cooking Cream (40g)
- 1 Sheets Filo Pastry (18g)
- 1 Cups Frozen Peas (140g)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spray pan with a little more oil and reduce heat to medium. Cook leek, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add stock, stirring constantly. Stir in potato and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until potato is tender and sauce has thickened. Stir through cooking cream and chicken, simmer for 1 minute more.
- Spoon mixture into two 1 cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof ramekins or pie dishes. Cut filo pastry into 8 pieces. Scrunch 4 pieces of filo and loosely place on top of one pie to cover filling. Repeat with remaining filo. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain well, then return to saucepan. Mash with a potato masher or fork, keeping some texture. Serve pies with mushy peas.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the filo into pieces.