15 min prep time
15 min cooking
267 Cal / serve
Chickpeas are high in calories and very filling carb source, so there’s no rice with this curry. Feel free to add some rice for a treat meal or if you have some extra calories to spare.
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Onion (73g), thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic (6g), crushed
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Cumin (2g)
- 1 Teaspoons Curry Powder (2g)
- 1 Pinches Ground Coriander (1g)
- 1 Pinches Ground Allspice (1g)
- 1 Pinches Ground Turmeric (1g)
- 1 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (20g)
- 300g Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (400g)
- 1 X 400g cans Canned Chickpeas (225g), rinsed & drained
- 150g Green Beans, trimmed & halved
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander (3g)
- 1/4 Cups Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (60g)
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomato paste and cauliflower and cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and simmer for 6 minutes or until sauce thickens and cauliflower is almost tender. Add beans and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between bowls. Top with fresh coriander and serve with yoghurt.
- Make a double or triple batch of this recipe and freeze for a handy standby meal.