15 min prep time
20 min cooking
323 Cal / serve
If you haven’t tried quinoa yet, what are you waiting for? Teamed with sweet roasted pumpkin and zesty balsamic vinegar, this salad is as good for you as it tastes.
- 500g Pumpkin, sliced
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Cups Quinoa (100g)
- 1/2 Cups Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Liquid (120g)
- 80g Baby Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (40g)
- 1 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar (5g)
- 1/4 Cups Mint Leaves (10g)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Arrange pumpkin onto tray.
- Lightly spray pumpkin with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa, stock and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add pumpkin, spinach, lemon juice, vinegar and mint to quinoa. Season with pepper and toss until well combined. Serve.
- You know the quinoa is cooked when the curly ‘tails’ on the grains appear. If all the liquid is gone but the tails haven’t appeared, add a little more water and continue cooking.
- You can cook the pumpkin and quinoa up to 4 days ahead. If you are making this for a lunchbox, reserve the lemon juice and vinegar and drizzle over at serving time.
- Leave the skin on pumpkin if you prefer.