10 min prep time
35 min cooking
288 Cal / serve
This hearty lentil soup is a filling meal in itself – and very economical.
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Onion (73g), finely chopped
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
- 1 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (20g)
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Cumin (2g)
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Coriander (2g)
- 3/4 Cups Dried Red Lentils (150g), rinsed
- 1 Carrot (61g), finely chopped
- 2 Cups Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Liquid (500g)
- 2 Tablespoons Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (40g)
- 1/4 Cups Fresh Coriander (10g)
- Spray a saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add tomato paste and spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in lentils, carrot, stock and 3 cups (750ml) water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until lentils and carrot are tender. Stir occasionally during cooking. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between bowls. Top with yoghurt and sprinkle with coriander to serve.