15 min prep time
10 min cooking
297 Cal / serve
This tastes just like it came from a restaurant - but healthy!! Thanks Alison for this great family friendly recipe! The recipe serves 6 so some to freeze for another meal or two.
- 1 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste (20g)
- 800g Lean Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 1 X 400g cans Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk (400g)
- 2 Teaspoons Fish Sauce (10g)
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (40g)
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter, No Added Sugar Or Salt (40g)
- 250g Broccoli, cut into florets
- 150g Snow Peas
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir to coat in the paste. Add the coconut milk and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes (don’t let the mixture boil).
- Add the fish sauce, sugar and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (don’t allow the sauce to boil or it will separate).
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli and snow peas in steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Divide the chicken, sauce and vegetables among serving plates.
- Many Asian cultures combine the following flavours: sweet, bitter, sour, spicy and salty. In keeping with the essence of traditional Asian dishes, sugar has been added to this recipe. Feel free to reduce, adapt or omit if you prefer.
- If you cannot source coconut flavoured evaporated milk, you can use lite coconut milk.