20 min prep time
20 min cooking
315 Cal / serve
If you are a nachos fan, this recipe is for you!
- 1 Pieces Wholemeal Mountain Bread (25g)
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Onion (73g), finely chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk (55g), finely chopped
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoons Chilli Powder (1g)
- 100g Lean Beef Mince
- 100g Canned Lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (200g)
- 1 Tomato (167g), chopped
- 80g Avocado, chopped
- 1/4 Cups Fresh Coriander (10g)
- 1 Tablespoons Extra Light Sour Cream (20g)
- 1 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (7g), finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut bread into triangles and place onto a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for seconds.
- Add beef mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in lentils and canned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes or until liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Combine the fresh tomato, avocado and coriander in a bowl.
- To assemble, arrange mountain bread crisps on plates and top with beef mixture, salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
- Think ahead and make extra beef mixture – you could store it in the freezer or reheat it for lunch the next day and enjoy with a side salad.
- Member recipes are submitted and checked to make sure they tick all the boxes in terms of health, nutrition, calories and taste.