20 min prep time
10 min cooking
290 Cal / serve
Thanks to member Sezz for sharing this Greek inspired recipe, who says that this is a simple, filling meal, which is also great for using up leftover vegies.
- 50g Low Fat Feta, cut into cubes
- 1 Red Capsicum (155g), cut into 2.5 cm squares
- 1 Green Capsicum (155g), cut into 2.5 cm squares
- 1 Zucchini (101g), halved lengthways & thickly sliced
- 100g Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Teaspoons Fresh Rosemary (1g), finely chopped
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 80g Rice
- 1/4 Cups Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (60g)
- 1 Fresh Lemon (99g), cut into wedges
- Preheat grill to high. Thread feta and vegetables onto 6 skewers.
- Place skewers onto prepared tray and sprinkle with rosemary (if there are any remaining vegies, they can also go on the tray). Spray skewers lightly with oil. Cook under grill, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Divide rice and skewers between plates. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
- Use firm feta, or as an alternative use haloumi or tofu.
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Member recipes submitted to 12WBT must tick all the boxes in terms of health, nutrition, calories and taste.