The 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) is a unique online exercise, nutrition and mindset program created by Australia’s favourite Personal Trainer, Michelle Bridges. Whether you want to lose weight, get stronger, learn to run, train for a half marathon or get in shape post-baby – 12WBT has a program for you!
As a member of a 12WBT Round, you are supported by our team of experts and your 12WBT peers. We give you week by week access to inspiring content and practical tools and advice to help you achieve your goals during Pre-Season and the following 12 weeks.
Each specific round of 12WBT comprises of 6 weeks of Pre-Season followed by 12 weeks of nutrition, exercise and mindset content.
During Pre-Season you will receive:
- Twice weekly Pre-Season Tasks to lay the foundations for a successful 12 weeks to follow.
- Weekly Challenges to get you into the groove of regular participation and routine.
- Access to the entire 12WBT Recipe and Exercise Index, Workout Videos and Express Workouts so you can start testing out some of our delicious meals and exciting exercises.
- Access via email and the 12WBT Member Zone to an amazing team of dietitians, and health and fitness experts, plus become part of the incredibly supportive 12WBT member community.
- Free 12WBT Daily app! It’s the perfect companion to your program: view your day’s Exercise and Meal Plans and track your food, workouts, sleep and mood with a single tap (currently available on iPhone only).
During the 12 weeks following the Pre-Season period, you will receive:
- Weekly Meal Plans and Shopping Lists, plus continued access to the 12WBT Recipe Index.
- Weekly Exercise Plans, plus continued access to the 12WBT Exercise Index AND exclusive 12WBT Workout Videos.
- My Tracker and My Stats pages so you can track your food, exercise, mindset and measurements, to stay accountable and responsible for your progress.
- Access to the 12WBT Support Crew and 12WBT member community via the 12WBT Member Zone.
Your 12WBT Round finishes with 4 weeks of graduation that includes the option to download the following:
- A weeks worth of bonus plans containing Exercise and Meal Plans, Recipes and Shopping Lists.
- A Graduation Certificate.
- A Report Card.
For more info check out What Do I Get When I Sign Up For 12WBT
and What happens when the 12WBT program finishes and what content can I access??
To participate in a Round of 12WBT it’s either a one off upfront payment of $199 or 12 weekly instalments of $19.99 ($239.88 in total). You can pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Amex) or PayPal. We also have a Direct Deposit option for the one-off upfront payment method. Head here https://go.12wbt.com/sign-up to join up!
Looking forward to you coming on board!
Depending on the Fitness Program you choose, you will be training between 4-6 days per week, and some days will be easier than others. This is a guide we set for best results and ask that you allocate around 1 hour per day for exercise.
We are aware that this may be more than what you are used to or it may mean juggling a busy schedule so we always encourage you just to do the best that you can. It’s about keeping active and making exercise a part of your every day lifestyle for the long term.
There are many Fitness Programs to choose from. You can choose to train at the gym, at home or outdoors and the programs are:
- Move 2
- Lean & Strong (note there is no Outdoors option for this program)
- Fit for Fifty (with an emphasis on the specific needs of middle age – bone density, balance & flexibility)
- Learn 2 Run (L2R) (note the only Training Options for this program are Gym Machines and Outdoors)
- 10k Running (note the only Training Option for this program is Outdoors)
- 10k Running Advanced (note the only Training Option for this program is Outdoors)
- 1/2 Marathon (note the only Training Option for this program is Outdoors)
- 1/2 Marathon Advanced (note the only Training Option for this program is Outdoors)
- Marathon (note the only Training Option for this program is Outdoors)
- Post Baby
While there is a similarity in the philosophies, 12WBT takes this to a completely different level. The Exercise Plans are different from the books, and are different each 12WBT Round. All the recipes are specifically created for 12WBT, and again are different from those in her books. If you liked Michelle’s books, you’ll love 12WBT!
12WBT does require a little work adapting certain recipes when you have specific dietary requirements, but Michelle gives us all the tools to make it happen. While we don’t have a separate gluten free Meal Plan, with a little tweaking each week, you can make your Meal Plans work for you.
You’re welcome to modify recipes to suit your needs (e.g. using GF bread/muesli/sauces, etc.). When a meal is too complex to modify, use “Customise Plan” feature of the Meal Plan to switch any non gluten free meals for gluten free options that you like from the Recipe Index.
The ‘Gluten Free’ filter will help you to find those meals that are most suitable – we have over 300 GF recipes in the Recipe Index. Using the customise feature of your Meal Plan also updates your Shopping List which saves time and effort, and any last minor edits you need to make before doing your shop won’t take too long.
12WBT does require a little work adapting certain recipes when you have specific dietary requirements, but Michelle gives us all the tools to make it happen. While we don’t have a separate lactose free Meal Plan, with a little tweaking each week, you can make your Meal Plans work for you.
You’re welcome to modify recipes to suit your needs (e.g. replacing milk with soy/nut milk, using lactose free yoghurt, replacing cheese with hummus/avocado/nut butter, etc.). When a meal is too complex to modify, use “Customise Plan” feature of the Meal Plan to switch any non lactose free meals for lactose free options that you like from the Recipe Index.
The ‘Lactose Free’ filter will help you to find those meals that are most suitable – we have over 300 LF recipes in the Recipe Index. Using the customise feature of your Meal Plan also updates your Shopping List which saves time and effort, and any last minor edits you need to make before doing your shop won’t take too long.
While 12WBT does not have a dedicated Paleo Meal Plan, it does have a great Gluten Free and Lactose Free filter on its extensive Recipe Index as well as an easy Meal Plan customisation process which allows you to easily convert your Meal Plan to Paleo!
There are over 300 Gluten Free and Lactose Free recipes in the Recipe Index, and using the customise feature on your Meal Plan to choose Gluten Free and Lactose Free meals also automatically updates your shopping list, making things even easier.
Simple substitutions of ingredients is also 100% ok. Swap quinoa for cous cous; use cauliflower ‘rice’ and zucchini ‘pasta’; substitute almond milk and coconut yogurt instead of dairy.
We encourage members to follow the Meal Plans as they are chosen to compliment the training schedule and are nutritionally complete. Having said that, if there are certain ingredients in a recipe that you don’t like you can substitute them. Use the “Customise Plan” feature on your Meal Plan to switch meals from within the 12WBT Recipe Index, check out below for some useful tips around customising.
- Include 4 meals containing lean red meat.
- If you are vegetarian you need to eat 2 servings of protein a day and make sure you eat a variety of protein types.
- Include 2 serves of seafood.
- Don’t go overboard on eggs, try to limit your intake to no more than 6 egg yolks a week.
- Try to include some vegetarian meals into your diet.
- To maximise your nutritional intake, plan for a variety of different vegetables.
- Opt for wholegrain breads & cereals such as rice, pasta, bread etc.
- Aim for 2-3 serves of low fat dairy foods per day.
Our Meal Plans are designed to follow the Australian Dietary Guidelines so they are nutritionally complete. If you are customising your Meal Plan, try to keep these tips in mind.
12WBT has an AMAZING Recipe Index with 1000 delicious recipes which you can filter to pull up meals to suit your allergies or dietary preferences.
We understand that you’re busy and don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen! That’s why we make sure all the 12WBT recipes are easy to make, even if you are new to cooking.
The preparation time for most of our meals is 20 minutes or less, and the cooking time less than 60 minutes. All our Meal Plans are also fully customisable, which allows you to swap in recipes that have shorter preparation and cooking times on days when you are pressed for time. We also have lots of freezer friendly meals, so you can choose to do a big cook-up on a weekend and freeze meals for ease later during the week!
Additionally our recipes are budget friendly with easily accessible ingredients, so you’ll save time not having to hunt obscure items down, and our Shopping Lists are linked to your Meal Plans – so you don’t have to spend time writing out your own.
Come and be part of the 12WBT Team!
The 12WBT Meal Plans are suitable for the whole family with a wide range of meals to suit even the fussiest eater. Some examples include mushroom risotto, lasagne, delicious soups, salads and even some classic pub style foods made healthy! The meals are delicious, nutritious, easy to prepare and economical. If there is a recipe in the Meal Plan you don’t like, you can substitute it with another from the Recipe Index.
Bear in mind however, that the recipes are tailored to meet your nutritional needs and calorie counts, so you may need to adjust portion sizes for the rest of the family. The safety of mums-to-be and their unborn bubs is very important and we need to ensure that the recipes offered to pregnant women are food safe. . If you are catering for someone who is pregnant, please click here for more information.
There are too many variables to be able to give an approximate weekly shopping dollar amount. Things such as where you shop, what’s on special, whether you buy all the items listed on the 12WBT Shopping List, whether you are increasing the Meal Plans to cater for more than 2 people, and so on, all determine the cost impact.
Your food bill may increase for the first few weeks if your cupboard is bare and you don’t have common condiments such as olive oil. However you will quickly stock up on these one-off items and then your food bill will become more economical. The cost per meal of many recipes can be as low as $3 per serve, especially with dishes such as soups and casseroles. The Meal Plans consist of mostly whole foods and nothing too expensive or unusual. Many members comment on how much money they save as they are eating out less. Cutting out one take out meal a week over the twelve weeks can save more than $200.
12WBT is completely run by Michelle using her Exercise Plans, Meal Plans and Mindset Lessons. Michelle is unable to personally contact every member, however she interacts with many through the Member Zone and via email. She is often doing tours around Australia where you get the chance to meet her, she is always excited to meet fellow 12WBT’ers and hear their stories!
Through 12WBT, Michelle provides you with:
- Meal Plans that are easy to follow and understand.
- Weekly Shopping Lists to make life easy for you.
- Exercise Plans that you can do anywhere – at home, in the park or in the gym.
- ’My Stats’ page where you can track your improvements.
- Support in the Member Zone to share your experiences or ask questions.
- Regular updates and challenges in the Member Zone.
- Weekly Videos.
No it is not necessary, it’s just another way to stay in touch with what’s happening but you will get all the information you need through the regular emails from Michelle and the 12WBT website.
The 12WBT website (and official Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation Facebook page) is regularly monitored by the 12WBT Support Crew, who are all experts in their fields, making it not only the most supportive place for discussion but also the best place to receive accurate and up-to-date answers to your questions. Please note that private Facebook Groups, even though they contain 12WBT in the title, are created without the sanction or management of 12WBT and therefore there is no way of implementing or governing any official guidelines for these groups. We suggest members remain within the official 12WBT channels and encourage a culture of sharing support and information with the wider 12WBT family.
12WBT is a team event, and we support each other every step of the way. Having a support system in place is incredibly important when you start to make big changes to your life. When you become a 12WBT member, you will have access to our amazing Support Crew of registered, accredited practising dietitians and personal trainers who can help you with any of your specific questions. You will also be able to join in our incredible Member Zone, where all your team mates get together to chat about their 12WBT experiences. Many fantastic friendships are formed, so you have your own mini cheer squad supporting you every day!
Contact my team
Got a question that you can't find an answer to?Contact Us