Start your day by consuming a nutritious breakfast, like this one, and you’ll be putting your best food forward!
15 min prep time
30 min cooking
448 Cal / serve
- 2 tomatoes (334g), chopped
- 1 zucchini (101g), finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum (78g), finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic (3g), crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (10g)
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted (24g)
- 4 cage free eggs (236g)
- 60g reduced fat cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cups basil leaves (10g)
- 2 slices wholemeal mountain bread (50g)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Scatter over tomatoes, zucchini, capsicum and garlic. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
2. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes or until almost tender. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 180°C.
3. Mix olives with vegetables and divide mixture between two ovenproof dishes. Make 2 indentations in mixture in each dish. Crack an egg into each indentation, and sprinkle cheese over.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Top with basil leaves and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with mountain bread.
Pregnant? As always when expecting, ensure eggs are thoroughly cooked before eating.