- 16 serves
- 15 min prep time
- 60 min cooking
- 278 Cal / serve
- 3 Cups Almond Meal (360g)
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut (50g)
- 1 Cup Sugar (125g), Castor OR Coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (120g), softened
- 1 Pinch Salt (1g)
- 2 Cage Free Eggs (100g), lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (250g)
- 6 Teaspoons Mixed Spice (5g), (mixed nutmeg, cardamon & cinnamon)
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries (375g), we used fresh
- 1 Sprig Mint Leaves (1g), for garnish
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 160C (fan forced)
- Line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper. Lightly spray with olive oil.
- In a large bowl add the almond meal, desiccated coconut, sugar, butter and salt. Combine by rubbing with fingers so it forms a crumb.
- Place half the mixture into the cake tin and press down to form a crust.
- With the remaining mixture, add the eggs, yoghurt and spices. Beat until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the base and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 60mins (or until skewer comes out clean). Cover the cake with foil if it begins to brown too much.
- Once cooked, leave the cake in the tin to cool before removing.
- Serve with fresh or frozen berries topped with mint.
- If you choose to use frozen berries, place them on the side for serving
- We dusted a small amount of icing sugar over the Christmas cake for a ‘snowy’ effect
This Christmas Cake is only the beginning! We have over 1200 other delicious recipes for you to try! Visit us here to sign up to our 12WBT program, or to receive your 7 day free trial.