Make Valentine’s Day extra special with this Mish-approved Chocolate Pudding recipe that will definitely earn you some serious brownie points with your significant other! And at less than 200 calories a serve, it doesn’t get much sweeter. Team this recipe with an entree and main from our 12WBT Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes menu.
12WBT Chocolate Pudding
25 min prep time
15 min cooking
Also read: Free Recipe: Chickpea & Cauliflower Curry
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 2 Teaspoons Cocoa Powder (6g)
- 20g Fresh Dates, chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Margarine (15g)
- 15g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Cage Free Eggs (59g), lightly beaten
- 1 Teaspoons Plain Flour (3g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray two 1/3 cup capacity shallow ramekins with oil. Use half the cocoa powder to dust insides of the ramekins. Shake out any excess.
- Combine dates and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Add margarine and chocolate. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir until chocolate and margarine have melted. Cool slightly.
- Stir in egg, mixing well. Stir in combined sifted flour and remaining cocoa. Stir until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins, and place into a small baking dish. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The mixture should be just cooked on top but still feel a little squidgy in the center. Remove from the dish and stand for 2 minutes. Serve dusted with a tiny amount of cocoa if you like.
- Use heart shaped ramekins in you can find them.