Have some school holiday fun in the kitchen with your kids! This popcorn recipe is totally delicious AND healthy!
Free Recipe: Cheesy BBQ Popcorn
- 8 serves
- 10 mins prep time
- 5 min cooking
- 69 calories per serve
- 85g air popped popcorn
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (2g)
- 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (1g)
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme (1g)
- 1 tablespoons margarine (20g), melted
- 25g grated parmesan
- Cook the popcorn following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the spices in an extra large bowl.
- Add the hot popcorn and margarine to the spice mix in the bowl. Toss until well coated and combined.
- Spread onto a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Scatter over the cheese. Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is just melted. Serve immediately.
- This is best made just prior to serving so it stays crisp and fresh. Prepare ahead by have everything measured out and ready to go.
- For a smokey flavour swap the mild paprika for the smoked version.
- To ensure portion sizing, divide between coloured serving cups – the kids will love their cup-a-popcorn!