These chocolate bunnies are the tastiest Easter treat, and much cuter than store-bought ones! Enjoy them after Easter lunch, or wrap in cellophane bags with a bright ribbon to give to family and friends. Download our exclusive Holiday Cooking with Kids eBook for loads more child-friendly recipes!
Makes 28 bunnies
30 minutes prep time
5 minutes cooking time
22 calories per bunny
100g dark chocolate, roughly broken up
2 tablespoons flaked almonds (15g), separated
9 mini marshmallows (4g), cut into three
- Line three baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place the dark chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir and cook for a further 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a plastic piping bag. Snip off the tip and pipe a small circle and a larger circle underneath it, directly onto the baking paper. Allow to set slightly.
- Place two almonds at the top for ears and half a marshmallow for the tail. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until set. Carefully peel bunnies off the paper.
- Store the bunnies between sheets of baking paper in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Make after-dinner bunnies by adding a few drops of peppermint essence to the melted chocolate, or using a dark mint-flavoured chocolate. Yum!
- Use 70% chocolate – it has less sugar than milk chocolate and is a good balance of chocolate taste without too much sugar.
Share your finished Chocolate Bunnies on 12WBT Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #12WBTbunnies!