Do you ever find yourself craving pasta, but never feel like there is a healthy option?
That’s not the case with this nutritious 12WBT Basil & Walnut Pesto Spaghetti with Roast Tomatoes and Pumpkin. You can use either a Thermomix or a food processor.
This quick and easy dish is jam-packed with flavour and is a crowd pleaser, and at only 355 calories per serve, you’ll love this guilt-free dish.
- 200g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups basil leaves (80g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 15g walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 20g
- 25g grated parmesan
- 100g spaghetti
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin and tomatoes in a roasting pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
2. Grate cheese in TM bowl on speed 9, for 10 seconds. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the basil, garlic, walnuts and juice. Mix on speed 7, for 5-10 seconds. Check the consistency and either go longer or higher if you like yours more chopped up. Stir through half the parmesan.
4. Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to pan.
5. Roughly squash tomatoes using the back of a spoon. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and pesto to spaghetti. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
6. Divide pasta between bowls and top with remaining parmesan to serve.
When you join 12WBT, you unlock access to over 1,000 delicious recipes that are carefully calorie-controlled, without compromising on flavour! Click here to find out more!