Entertaining this weekend? Try our refreshing Gin, Ginger and Lime Spritzer, with less than 114 calories per serve! It’s much more satisfying to make your own cordial, too.
- 10 serves
- 10 min prep time
- 10 min cooking
- 114 calories per serve
- 1/2 cup sugar (110g)
- 1 cup of plain water (250ml)
- 60g ginger, finely grated
- 100 ml lime juice (100g)
- 300 ml gin (300g)
- 600 ml soda water (600g)
- 3 fresh limes (147g), thinly sliced
- Combine sugar, ginger and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, strain and set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- When ready to serve, place lime juice, ginger syrup and gin in a large jug and stir to combine.
- Divide evenly between 10 cocktail glasses. Top up with soda water and add slices of lime to serve.
- You can substitute the gin with another white spirit such as vodka or white rum.