Serves 30 101 Cal 45min Prep 20min cooking
Who doesn’t love fruit mince tarts at Christmas time? But with some store bought versions topping 300 calories, the best solution is to make your own and share with your friends and family.
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 250g Plain Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Icing Sugar (36g)
- 125g Butter, No Added Salt, chilled & chopped
- 45g Dried Cranberries, finely chopped
- 250g Mixed Dried Fruit, finely chopped
- 1 Orange (200g), zest finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 Cups Brandy (60g)
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon (2g)
- 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cloves (1g)
- 1 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (17g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray 30 shallow, round bottomed patty tins with oil.
- Combine flour and 2 tablespoonfuls icing sugar in a food processor and add butter. Process in short bursts until fine crumbs form. Add 2 tablespoons chilled water and process in short bursts until dough starts to clump together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gather together. Divide into two equal portions.
- Roll one portion out on a sheet of lightly floured non-stick baking paper to about 3mm thick. Use a 7cm round cutter to cut out rounds of pastry. Place pastry rounds into prepared tins and repeat with remaining pastry to make 30 pastry cases.
- Gently re-roll pastry off cuts and use a 4cm star cutter to cut out 30 stars. Place onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate pastry cases and stars for 10 minutes.
- Combine cranberries, mixed fruit, orange zest and ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice, brandy, cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into pastry cases and place a star on top of each. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool tarts in the tins. Dust with remaining icing sugar to serve.