This delicious, creamy broccoli soup can be done in under 15 minutes, making it the perfect lunchtime (or easy dinner) dish!
Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- Serves 2
- 10 min prep time
- 5 min cooking time
- 303 calories per serve
- 1 teaspoons vegetable stock powder (2g)
- 300g broccoli, chopped
- 3 shallot (18g), chopped
- 50g baby spinach
- 225g grilled lean chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoons basil pesto (20g)
- 1 wholemeal pita bread (40g)
- Pour 2 ½ cups (625 ml) boiling water into a medium saucepan. Place over high heat.
- Add stock powder and broccoli. Cover and return to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Add shallot and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully blitz with a handheld blender until just smooth. Return to heat.
- Add chicken and pesto and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir to heat chicken through.
- Serve with pita bread.
Love the sound of this recipe? At 12WBT, we have over 1,000 recipes perfect for every taste! Click here to find out more.