Who doesn’t LOOOVE pasta, right?! So why not swap calorie-heavy pesto favourite for our healthy broccoli version. Replacing some of the pasta with zoodles adds nutrients and cuts calories too!
- 30g Spaghetti
- 1 1/2 Zucchini (151g), cut into noodles
- 1/4 Cups Frozen Peas (35g)
- 100g Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Shallot (6g), chopped
- 1/4 Cups Mint Leaves (10g)
- 1/2 Cloves Garlic (1g), crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan (10g)
- 1 Teaspoons Olive Oil (5g)
- 25g Borlotti Beans, rinsed & drained
- 20g Baby Spinach
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, adding zucchini noodles and peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to pan. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli, shallots, mint, garlic, parmesan and oil in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add 1 tablespoon water and process to a coarse paste.
- Toss pesto through pasta, zoodles and peas. Fold through borlotti beans and spinach leaves. Serve in bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Swap the mint for basil if you prefer
- Leftover canned borlotti beans can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week, or frozen for up to a month
- Shallots are the long, green, thin variety