Do you ever wonder what a 12WBT dietician has on their plate everyday? Here is a typical day.
A Day On A Plate For A 12WBT Dietician
2 slices of wholegrain toast spread with ricotta cheese, blueberries and drizzle of honey
1 skim milk latte
A piece of fresh fruit with a few tablespoons of natural yoghurt or a slice of wholegrain toast with peanut butter or Vegemite
Chicken, zucchini and ricotta pita pocket (or leftovers from dinner the night before)
Serves 1 | 302 Calories | 10 mins prep | 5 mins cooking
- 1/2 Zucchini (51g), thinly sliced lengthways
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Pieces Wholemeal Pita Bread (40g)
- 50g Reduced Fat Ricotta
- 80g Grilled Lean Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
- 20g Rocket
- Lightly spray zucchini with oil. Cook in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Cut pita pocket in half crossways and gently open to make a pocket. Spread ricotta over inside of pocket.
- Fill pocket with zucchini, chicken and rocket leaves. Season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
A piece of fresh fruit
A cup of tea with a dash of skim milk
A few wholegrain crackers with avocado and tomato
Serves 4 | 280 Calories | 20 mins prep | 35 mins cooking
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil (10g)
- 1 Onion (89g), finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic (6g), crushed
- 1 Carrot (61g), grated
- 1 Zucchini (101g), grated
- 1 Celery Stalk (55g), finely chopped
- 1 X 400g cans Canned Lentils (280g), rinsed & drained
- 1 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (400g), diced
- 160g Spaghetti
- 1/4 Cups Basil Leaves (10g)
- 40g Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add carrot, zucchini and celery to pan. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in lentils and tomatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup (125ml) water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain well.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss to combine. Divide between bowls. Top with basil and parmesan to serve.
Fish fillet grilled with warm sweet potato salad
Serves 1 | 313 Calories | 15 mins prep | 10 mins cooking
- 150g Sweet Potato, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Teaspoons Dill Leaves (1g), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley (5g), chopped
- 1 Teaspoons Capers (5g)
- 1 Teaspoons Olive Oil (5g)
- 1 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (5g)
- 1/2 Teaspoons Honey (3g)
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 150g White Fish Fillets
- 1/2 Bunches Broccolini (82g), trimmed
- Place sweet potato in a steamer over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine dill, parsley, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and honey in a large bowl. Add warm sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until flesh flakes when tested with a fork.
- Steam broccolini until just tender. Serve fish with warm sweet potato salad and broccolini.
Supper/after dinner snack
Herbal tea – Occasionally I’ll have a plain biscuit or 2 squares of milk chocolate with my tea