This warming curry is perfect for veggie eaters and vegans, or if you’re simply having a meat-free day! The brown rice adds an extra kick of fibre and low GI energy.
- Serves 4
- 317 calories per serve
- 600g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1g olive oil Spray
- 40g brown rice
- 1 tablespoons red curry paste (20g)
- 1 X 400g cans reduced fat coconut cream (400g)
- 200g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (1g), thinly shredded
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar (20g)
- 1 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce (20g)
- 1 tablespoons lime juice (20g)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (20g)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Arrange pumpkin onto tray and spray lightly with oil. Roast for 20 minutes, until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
3. Place a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic (be careful as paste may spit). Add coconut cream and stir until well combined.
4. Add pumpkin, beans, broccoli and kaffir lime leaves to pan. Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in sugar, soy sauce and juice.
5. Divide between bowls, top with basil leaves and serve with rice.
- If you can’t get kaffir lime leaves, add a teaspoon of finely grated lime rind with the lime juice.