Burgers are definitely on the menu – especially when they’re this tasty and low in calories! Try this recipe for a fuss-free weekday dinner.
- Serves 4
- 20 min prep time
- 20 min cooking time
- 315 calories per serve
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 cage free eggs (59g)
- 1 tablespoons tomato sauce (20g)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (10g)
- 1g olive oil spray
- 2 onion (178g), sliced
- 4 field mushroom (480g)
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce (40g)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (120g)
- 2 tomatoes (334g), sliced
- Combine mince, egg, sauce and mustard in a bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Divide mixture into four portions and shape into round flat patties.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Trim mushroom stalks. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue flat plate over medium-high heat. Lightly spray mushrooms with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Divide between serving plates.
- Add burger patties to the chargrill and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top mushrooms with lettuce, patties, cheese, tomato and onion.
- Try to choose flat field mushrooms that aren’t too thick.
- Member recipes are submitted and checked to make sure they tick all the boxes in terms of health, nutrition, calories and taste.
Sign-up to 12WBT today to unlock over 950 delicious recipes, like this one! Click here to find out more.