Satay sauce is usually a big ‘no no’ but this healthy and tasty version breaks all the rules! Using peanut butter, reduced-fat coconut cream, soy sauce and garlic, this healthy satay sauce is just as yummy as the original.
- 10 min prep time
- 15 min cooking time
- 263 calories per serve
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, no added sugar or salt (40g)
- 4 teaspoons reduced salt soy sauce (20g)
- 2 cloves garlic (6g), crushed
- 80g reduced fat coconut cream
- 1 red chili (10g)
- 500g lean chicken thigh fillets, cut into long strips
- 1g olive oil spray
- 1 red capsicum (92g), finely sliced
- 1 red onion (89g), finely sliced
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- Stir peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in coconut cream and chilli. Whisk gently over low heat for 4 minutes or until smooth and heated through. Cover to keep warm.
- Thread chicken onto 12 skewers.
- Preheat a large non-stick chargrill or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil, and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Toss capsicum and red onion with salad leaves.
- Divide between plates, top with skewers and drizzle with satay sauce.