12WBTer MC has lost over 16 kilos in 15 weeks – all while nursing an injury! We spoke to MC about how he did it, his top tips and what’s changed for him.
Choosing The Right Program
I joined 12WBT because I was just sick of being out of shape. I didn’t like how I looked and how I felt.I started in the Beginner Program. After Round 1 my fitness score is up to 71! Since I have been doing mostly 12WBT Exercise Videos at home I have been doing as many of the Intermediate and Advanced moves as I can. By the end of the first round I realised I can do a lot of moves in the Advanced Program now.
Also read: Overcoming Injury: Nick’s 12WBT Story
The Importance of Support
My wife has been amazing with buying the food and doing a lot of the meal prep and cooking. Without my wife I wouldn’t have been able to eat so well. Also my mother has been very supportive. I have also received many positive comments from friends who are amazed at my transformation.
I have been nursing an achilles tendon injury on my left foot throughout this whole 12WBT process – I injured it in Week 1 and just kept on fighting my way through, finding ways to exercise. It’s still not 100% now but it seems to have just given up being injured and is slowly improving, (four months later) since it can see that I won’t be letting it get in my way!
MC’s Top Tips
- Bloody mindedness.
- Stick to the 12WBT Meal Plans like glue!
- Cycle – often on my cardio days I get out on the bike and ride as hard as I can for one hour. Saves the legs from the pounding of running.
- Make sure you have lots of healthy snacks in the house, like fruit, nuts, low fat yoghurt.
- I personally NEVER had any ‘bad snacks’ or ‘treat meal days’ since after eating them I found it was not worth it.
- Drink lots of water!
- Watch ALL the Mindset Videos and self reflect all the time, especially when faced with wanting to detour away from the plan.
- Be mindful and think about EVERYTHING before it goes in your mouth and ask yourself, “Do I really need this?”.
- Have a set of scales on your kitchen bench at all times to weigh food correctly
- Make exercising as often as possible a priority, and when you exercise, go as hard as you can!
- Do a yoga class or the Stretch & Core Day once a week – I found it really helped with my flexibility.